Since its inception, the Internet has globalized our economy, opened the gateway to information sharing across borders, and connected people from all corners of the world. But, now, the
Internet is hitting closer to home, well, in the home, actually. From iPads and Xboxes to Nest Learning Thermostats and wifi-enabled dishwashers, the number of devices in a home is increasing – changing the way we interact with our homes in ways you might not expect.
Join us at the Google Fiber location for a dynamic conversation with Austin Energy, Nest,
Google, Environmental Defense Fund, and CleanTX to discover the many benefits of a
connected home, including lower electricity bills, cleaner air, and reduced waste.
Following the discussion, guests will have time for exploring the new Google Fiber space and
networking with hors d'oeuvres and an open bar.
• Lenae Shirley, Senior Director, Technology Innovation and Market Adoption,
Environmental Defense Fund
• Jeff Hamel, Business Development, Nest
• Deborah Kimberly, Vice President, Customer Energy Solutions, Austin Energy
• Bert Haskell, Chief Technology Officer, Pecan Street Inc.
• Mark Strama, Head of Google Fiber, Austin (Moderator)